Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"One of the most profound and exciting times of my life"

 Rob Acquroff from Australia writes in response to Kibbutz Dan photos -


Hi, I was a volunteer on Kibbutz Dan in 1972, I left just prior to the October War. I spent 3 months there and I was 20 years old. There were about 50 volunteers on the Kibbutz at the time from all over the world. It was one of the most profound and exciting times of my life, full of new experiences, interesting travel and all mixed in with hard work and meeting new people. I am not Jewish but had been attracted to kibbutz life since learning about it at school in Australia where I grew up and still reside. If you still keep in contact with the families of Kibbutz Dan please pass on my regards and tell them of the very fond memories I have of my time there.

Rob Acquroff