Monday, January 21, 2008

Abraham Lincoln Was A White Supremacist

As a white person, like Abraham Lincoln, I prefer white power to black power or otherwise. Those who are realists understand why. Those who are liberal racists pretend it doesn't matter who fills the positions of power. Psssttt... Take a look at Black Africa and get back with me.

Aid for Africa?

A Warning for America from South Africa

Why Rhodesia is in Ruins

Race Matters

The Real Abraham Lincoln

"I will say, then, that I AM NOT NOR HAVE EVER BEEN in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races---that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and black races which will ever FORBID the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race."

4th Lincoln-Douglas debate, September 18th, 1858; COLLECTED WORKS Vol. 3, pp. 145-146


"What I would most desire would be the separation of the white and black races."

Spoken at Springfield, Illinois on July 17th, 1858; from ABRAHAM LINCOLN: COMPLETE WORKS, 1894, Vol. 1, page 273


"See our present condition---the country engaged in war! Our White men cutting one another's throats! And then consider what we know to be the truth. But for your race among us there could not be war, although many men engaged on either side do not care for you one way or another.

"Why should the people of your race be colonized, and where? Why should they leave this country? This is, perhaps, the first question for proper consideration. You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word, we suffer on each side. If this be admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated. It is better for both, therefore, to be separated."

— Spoken at the White House to a group of black community leaders, August 14th, 1862, from COLLECTED WORKS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, Vol 5, page 371

6 comments:

Sapphire said...

I am aware that the World Wide Church of God teaches that inter-racial marriages are a sin. I used to attend that church back in the 90's with my ex husband. We were married in the church in 1994.
I am mixed and he was Lebanese.

While you have the right to believe what you may, and I will not argue one way or the other, for Christians should not argue just for the sake of fighting...

I am curious, am I considered an abomination because of my mixed races? I mean, I had no choice in the matter. Does God see me as any less of a person because of what my parents chose to do...marry and have children?

David Ben-Ariel said...

Sapphire,
If you're aware of the Worldwide Church of God's biblical teaching against interracial marriage, and used to attend, why would you even ask such a question as to whether you, or any other mixed race person, is less in God's eyes? WE NEVER TAUGHT THAT, and we teach children are innocent.

The Worldwide Church of God also never required such mixed race couples to separate, although I questioned that policy years ago since we would require homosexual relationships to break up, proving their repentance. Those who are mixed need to marry somebody, those so inclined, so they're free to marry whichever race they choose.

Sapphire said...

Thank you. It was never really explained to me. You see, the church (as you may remember) fell apart soon after. There were only 3 people left in that church.

David Ben-Ariel said...

You're more than welcome, Sapphire (sounds beautiful).

At least you asked and I did what I could to answer.

Be well, :-)

David

jade said...

I am embarassed by your ignorance, and you should be too. You, like everyone else, are a product of your environment, upbringing, and in your case, lack of education. I hope for your sake that you come to know your God in terms of love and growth instead of ignorance and hate. It is people like you who force me to reach into myself as deep as possible to find compassion for you despite your appauling disposition. But I know that even the world's most ignorant, arrogant, and backward people are human, and imperfect, and equal in the eyes of God, (whatever God you choose to believe in, as ultimately God is Love, and goes by a million different names), and so I can only pray for you.

David Ben-Ariel said...

Jade,

Why are you trying to be more righteous than God? Your ignorance is without excuse since I've NEVER said salvation isn't open to all - Jews, Israelites and Gentiles - or that we aren't all sinners in need of repentance and forgiveness, as offered by our Savior, the Passover Lamb, the King of the Jews, the King of Israel - or does that make you uncomfortable in your self-righteousness when you read the Bible and see how ethnocentric it is (for a purpose)?