Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Scarlet letter: a Christian with AIDS

Scarlet Letter: a Christian with AIDS
God has finally found a way to keep me celibate.

By David Ben-Ariel
Published November 21, 2005

The following is a actual letter I sent to a close Christian friend in 1999, immediately after I was diagnosed with HIV. Since then the HIV has progressed on into AIDS. I hesitated going public with this now, not wanting to throw fuel on the fire of those who would cruelly abuse this information against me in a vain attempt to discredit what I say and write on many controversial topics, narrowly focusing on this imperfect messenger rather than concentrating on my God-given biblical message.

However, I trust that the many principles involved here - the process of conversion, love and forgiveness, faith and patience, how perfection is our goal and destiny, how deadly serious sin is, making the most of our experiences, the amazing grace of God, etc., can benefit others who are able to glean something positive from such life experiences to bless their own lives and others and glorify God.

No comments: