By Ted Belman
By posting this picture, I didn’t mean to suggest that there is no distinction between Osama and Obama, or that they are nearly the same. I posted it to suggest that his smiling face is a facade. We must look beneath it.
In Obama’s, A More Perfect Union speech, he said of Pastor Wright,
- “The man I met more than twenty years ago is a man who helped introduce me to my Christian faith‘. [..]
“He strengthened my faith, officiated my wedding and baptized my children.”
Now it is common knowledge that his father and step father were Muslim. That being the case, Islam considers Obama a Muslim. If you convert, you are an apostate and this, Islam punishes by death.
I put it to you that Obama never converted to Christianity. Such conversion would have been marked by baptism. Had he been baptized, he would have made mention of it when referring to the baptism of his children. If Obama was really baptized, let him produce his Certificate of Baptism.
So Obama is a Muslim who is simply a fellow traveller with Christianity? Perhaps.
Now here’s an interesting thought, does that not make his daughters, Muslims too.
Indymedia asks the question Is Barack Obama Muslim?
- It is further understood by Islamic laws that the children born of a Muslim man must be raised as Muslims, which means that the religion of the children born of a Muslim man must be Islam. Therefore, it is obvious that Barack Obama is considered, according to Islamic Shari’a, a Muslim regardless of whether he practiced the religion of Islam in dedication to the prayers, paying the ‘zakat’ (alms giving), or going to Mecca for pilgrimage, or any of the other conditions prescribed by the Quran for Muslims to follow. Those conditions are important for any Muslim to be in good standing within his religion, but they do not cause a Muslim to be considered an apostate if he decides not to follow these conditions. Under these circumstances, Barack Hussein Obama is, without any doubt, a Muslim because he was born of a Muslim father. Obama claims that his father became atheist later in life; that creates more problems to the father, because the Islamic Shari’a considers a Muslim who becomes atheist (Arabic, zindeeq) as bad as is the apostate, and subject to the death penalty.
Apostasy in Islam (Al Radda)
All Muslim theologians agree that a Muslim who converts to any other religion (Arabic, murtadd), is subject to the death penalty. This is based on what the prophet of Islam said: “Kill he who changes his religion.” The death penalty for apostasy in Islam is supported by all four schools of thought in the Sunni traditions: Maliki, Shafi’i, Hanafi, and Hanbali, (see Kitab al Fiqh according to the four traditions by Abdul Rahman Al Jaziri, Dar Al Irshad, Egypt, vol.5, pp. 333-342).
The author of this opinion piece is Gabriel Sawma who is considered an authority on Islamic Shari’a; a lawyer dealing with international law; professor of Comparative Studies of Middle East Constitutions, and author of “The Qur’an: Misinterpreted, Mistranslated, and Misread; The Aramaic Language of the Qur’an”.
Unfortunately it is more complicated than that and impossible to put it into few words. Essentially so long as a Muslim says/believes “There is no god but Allah. Muhammad is his messenger.”, he is not an apostate. It is conceivable that Obama joined the church and remained a Muslim. He must not reject Mohammad publicly. It would be interesting to hear what he would say about that if asked. My guess is that he would say that is a private matter rather than to deny Mohammad publicly.
Two months ago Jon Christian Ryter wrote OBAMA’S MUSLIM CONNECTION. It is a very important article but is factually incorrect in describing his father and step -father as Muslim extremists.
- [..] When Obama broke onto the national political scene in 2004, not only did he attempt to erase all traces his Islamic childhood, but he also tried to erase the nature of his relationship with Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr, the pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ. (When your country is at war with Islamic extremists being a Muslim is not the shortest route to the White House.) Obama has told the media his reason for shielding his pastor was because “…he respected Mr. Wright’s work for the poor and his fight against injustice.” In reality Dr. Wright’s work was to denounce the United States as a white racist nation.
It was obvious to the media—in particular the New York Times which noted in an April 20, 2007 article that Obama was very deliberately distancing himself from Jeremiah Wright. Instead, Obama announced his candidacy on the steps of the old State Capitol in Springfield, Illinois—where Abraham Lincoln announced his candidacy—on Feb. 10, 2007. Obama sees himself as an archtype of Lincoln who will “free his people from the tyranny of the oppressor.” What people are those? The inner city people of color whom Dr. Wright believes are part of the Black Value System? Or does he see himself as the man who will free the Muslim world from the Great Satan since his first action, he says, as President of the United States will be to pull all Americans troops out of the Middle East? [..]
Lies, lies and more lies
- When Obama’s early history and his Islamic upbringing was first reported, Obama’s website posted a statement dated Nov. 12, 2007 with the headline: “Barack Obama is Not and Has Never Been a Muslim.” The statement reiterated that Obama was not a Muslim, was not raised as a Muslim, and is a committed Christian.
On Dec. 22 at the Smoky Row Coffee Shop in Oskaloosa, Iowa, the locals asked Obama about his Muslim roots. He said: “My father was from Kenya. A lot of people in his village were Muslim. He didn’t practice Islam. Truth is, he wasn’t very religious.” That was a lie. Obama’s father and stepfather were devout Islamics. Both faithfully practiced their religion. His stepfather, who had a much greater impact on Obama’s upbringing, was a radical Wahabbi Muslim. “My mother was a Christian from Kansas.” That was also a lie. Obama’s mother, his material grandmother and grandfather were all atheists. “They married and then divorced. I was raised by my mother. So, I’ve always been a Christian. The only connection I’ve had to Islam is that my grandfather on my father’s side came from that country. But I’ve never practiced Islam…For a while I lived in Indonesia because my mother was teaching there. And that’s a Muslim country. And I went to school—but I didn’t practice Islam.” Another lie. Obama’s mother married Lolo Soetoro, a Wahabbi extremist who lived in Indonesia. When Obama’s mother moved to Indonesia—before she married her second Muslim husband—she enrolled her son in Francis Assisis Catholic School. He was enrolled as a Muslim because he was a Muslim. The enrollment form required each student to choose one of five state-sanctioned religions when enrolling: Buddhist, Catholic, Hindu, Muslim, or Protestant. Had he been a lifelong Christian, or even a recent convert, he—or his mother—would have circled Protestant.
[It is likely that neither his father or step-father were “radical Wahabbist Muslims or extremists”. After being challenged on certain facts Daniel Pipes wrote Confirmed: Barack Obama Practiced Islam and concluded “In sum: Obama was an irregularly practicing Muslim who rarely or occasionally prayed with his step-father in a mosque. This precisely substantiates my statement that he “for some years had a reasonably Muslim upbringing under the auspices of his Indonesian step-father.” It is of no consequence for the thrust of my contention whether his fathers were radicals or not.]
When confronted with this information, Obama said he couldn’t understand how such an error could have happened. Los Angeles Times reporter Paul Watson, who dug into Obama’s allegation of error, said “…his former Roman Catholic and Muslim teachers, along with two people who were identified by Obama’s grade school teacher as childhood friends, says Obama was registered by his family as a Muslim at both schools he attended. The registration meant that during the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion classes. The childhood friends say Obama sometimes went to Friday prayers at the local mosque.” (Something else Obama claims he never did.) “…Obama’s younger sister, Maya Soetoro, said in a statement released by the campaign that the family attended the mosque only ‘for big communal events’ not every Friday.” Obama, who belongs to a church that teaches that the Muslims of the world were wronged by both Israel and the United States, cannot afford to be labeled as a “Muslim” by voters who expect the United States to win the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan where their sons and daughters are being killed by Muslims.
Read carefully, “I was raised by my mother. So, I’ve always been a Christian. “ Now Obama is a Harvard lawyer. As a lawyer he knows that since he was born of a Muslim father, the fact that his mother raised him is totally irrelevant to his classification according to Shariah. Furthermore his mother wasn’t a Christian. He also knows, his statement “I didn’t practice Islam.” is also irrelevant to his classification. Furthermore, how can he claim his registration was an “error” when as a result he was taught two hours a week of Islam. Surely he understood it was because of his registration.
Odinga, the communist Muslim revolutionary in Kenya
- In August, 2006 US Senator Barack Obama [D-IL] made a special trip to visit a special man in Kenya. The man’s name was Raila Amolo Odinga. [(who signed a Shariah pact with Muslims and claims to be Obama’s cousin)] He is the head of the National Muslim Leaders Forum [NAMLEF] in Kenya. The political party he heads is called the Orange Democratic Movement [ODM]—although there is definitely nothing democratic about his political party of NAMLEF. The ODM is dedicated to overthrowing the legitimate democratic government of Kenya. Odinga is not really concerned how he achieves his objective. It matters little to him if he assumes power through a free election—or by revolution. But, by hook or crook, he is determined to become the president of Kenya. If he succeeds, he will be president for life and Kenya will become another Afghanistan. [His brother Abongo ‘Roy’ Obama who is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim [fighting with Odinqa] who argues that the black man must ‘liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.’ Obama wrote in Dreams From My Father, ‘Abongo’s new lifestyle has left him lean and clear-eyed, and at the wedding, he looked so dignified in his black African gown with white trim and matching cap that so me of our guests mistook him for my father,’ ]
When the US Senator visited Kenya to meet with Odinga in Nairobi, the Kenyan government officially denounced the visit. And, most specifically, they denounced Obama. According to a Kenyan government spokesman, Obama’s bias for his friend was so blatant that the government found it necessary to complain that Obama appeared to be Odinga’s stooge. Not only did Obama campaign for his Islamic friend, he convinced former Clinton adviser Dick Morris to become Odinga’s campaign adviser. [..]
Odinga bothers the US State Department for a couple of reasons. First, after losing the democratic election on December 27, Raila Odinga cut a deal for support from Vladimir Putin and the former Soviet Union. Odinga knows he has to overthrow the government to gain power. When he lost the election, he protested that the vote was rigged to keep him from claiming an election he won. He incited his tribal followers to go on a murderous rampage in towns that were primarily Christian. Throughout Kenya, hundreds of people were murdered. What shocked the west is that the Kenyan media—and the political power brokers within the country—out of fear of Odinga, appear to be suggesting that perhaps the election should be held over to stop the violence and the potential for long term Muslim terrorism.
In a wave of violence aimed at protesting what they call the illegal election of newly-elected Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki, a group of Christian women and children—some entire families—barricaded themselves in a church. Muslims, inflamed by Odinga’s men, torched the church and burned to death everyone inside. This is the man Obama campaigned for in Kenya, and sang the praises of. This is also the man who claims that Barack Obama is a close, personal friend. Christianity would be outlawed.
The following quotes are taken from Obama’s books.
- “The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam.”
“Lolo (Obama’s step father) followed a brand of Islam ….”I looked to Lolo for guidance”.
“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
“In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school” “I studied the Koran..”
” FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”
This is from a man who obviously is troubled by his mixed racial background. He has animosity towards whites and is partial to Muslims. He emphasizes
- Their (his friends) confusion made me question my own racial credentials all over again. …To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. (pages 99-100)
If nationalism could create a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise of self-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or the inner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence.
It seems to me that Obama and his Pastor are totally in sync. The Muslims, Palestinians and the blacks belonging to Wright’s church, all consider themselves oppressed by the white man and/or the Jew. They have found common cause with the Left in fighting America.
Not only, is Obama part black and part white, he is also part Muslim and part Christian and part African, part American. To “avoid being mistaken for a sellout” to the whites, he became a black nationalist.