Saturday, January 21, 2006

Response to Arthur Levine at UPI

Shabbat Shalom Arthur,

After reading your article Whose land is it anyway? A response to Pat Robertson at UPI Religion & Spirituality Forum, I see that what you find hard to believe is THE BIBLE. Apparently you've rejected it for your faulty human reasonings, which is idolatry.

May God grant you repentance (Isa. 55:7-9) that you may come to see what others who submit to the Word and Will of God already do: it's the Promised Land of ISRAEL - by divine decree.

Sincerely,
David Ben-Ariel
************************

Mr. Levine responds:

From: Arthur Levine
To: davidbenariel
Date: 1/21/06 3:19:26 PM
Subject: Re: Pat Robertson

Dear David,

I make it a practice rarely to respond to zealots, but after looking at
your blogg, I have concluded that you will probably take this as a
compliment.

My personal feeling about the Bible and its literal translation - New
or Old Testament - and whether I believe in it is not central to my
belief in God, which I do, and to my belief that people have the right
to choose their own path to God.

I would hope that in the future you can find it in your heart to
understand that other people may have different versions of personal
faith and belief systems that differ from yours, which are valid for
them, even if they do not adhere to your interpretation of the Bible.

Regards,

Arthur Levine
arthur@faith-patch.com
******************************

My reply:

To: Arthur Levine
Date: 1/21/06 4:31:18 PM
Subject: Re: Pat Robertson

> I make it a practice rarely to respond to zealots,

And what are you but a zealot for humanism? Here a zealot, there a zealot. Such prejudicial language coming from an estranged Levite, if not a cohen. Regardless, I appreciate your response, Arthur.

> My personal feeling about the Bible and its literal translation - New
> or Old Testament - and whether I believe in it is not central to my
> belief in God, which I do, and to my belief that people have the right
> to choose their own path to God.

Just like Adam and Eve rejected revelation, stole the divine prerogative to determine for themselves, as wannabe gods, what is right and what is wrong? That amounts to SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

> I would hope that in the future you can find it in your heart to
> understand that other people may have different versions of personal
> faith and belief systems that differ from yours, which are valid for
> them, even if they do not adhere to your interpretation of the Bible.

I already understand this but consider it dishonest once errors are clearly pointed out by the Light of the Word, and if someone rejects that light to lean to their own human understanding they have no legitimate basis for their beliefs, and everyone's beliefs are equally valid (which logic demands simply is impossible) and everybody remains lost in the spiritual wilderness, groping about, yet ironically feeling smug and self-righteous about how their religion, created in their own image, is so tolerant and understanding. Yet your article is not tolerant of those who accept that there are absolutes in life, that there is a definite right and wrong and that the Bible sets the standard for all men and nations to follow, so help us God.

Shavua tov Arthur,
David Ben-Ariel

No comments: